INFORMATION ON TRAININGS FOR AIRPORT DRIVER’S LICENSES
Based on the provisions of the Airport Rules which entered into force on 20 September2012,one of the pre-conditions for the issuing of internal driver’s licenses for the airportis that when collecting their driver’s license at the Polaroid Office, applicants must present the certificate attesting the successful completion of the training course for the multi-tier driver’s license. Budapest Airport is continuously organizing and holding trainings on airport traffic regulations, upon the successful completion of which, the certificate is issued.THE STRUCTURE OF THE MULTI-TIER AIRPORT DRIVER’S LICENSE
Persons holding a valid official driver’s license for the vehicle category in question may drive a vehicle outside of the SRA area. No separate training or certificate on airport traffic regulations is necessary.
Level 2 (BLUE color)
Persons holding a LEVEL 2 (blue) airport driver’s license may drive a vehicle within the SRA area, with the exception of the maneuvering area of the airport.
LEVEL2 airport driver’s licenses may be awarded to persons who:
- Work on a regular basis within the SRA area in operations or handling, or are authority em-ployees serving in the area on a regular basis.
- Successfully complete the LEVEL2 training conditions required for obtaining the airport driver’s license.
The driver’s license must be renewed every three years following refresher training.
Level 3 (RED color)
Persons holding a LEVEL 3 (red) airport driver’s license may drive a vehicle within the maneuvering area of the airport.
LEVEL3 airport driver’s licenses may be awarded to persons who:
- Work on a regular basis within the active maneuvering area of the airport as part of their position in operations or ground handling, or are authority employees serving in the area on a regular basis.
- Successfully complete the LEVEL3 training conditions required for obtaining the airport driver’s license.
The driver’s license must be renewed every two years following refresher training.HOW TO APPLY
Employees must be registered for trainings by their employersvia BUD’s training booking system, which can be used based on advance registration. Employees arriving for trainings without registration may not participate.Documents required for application:
• E-learning order form signed with corporate signatures (in case a company does not have access, companies that have already been registered do not need to complete this again)
• Written confirmation from the competent manager exercising employer’s rights that the airport driver’s license is necessary for work purposes (Airport Rules appendix M3 - 7)
Please send documents by email to the address email@example.com .USEFUL INFORMATION
More information on the date and time and other particulars of the trainings are available in the BUD training booking system operated by Budapest Airport.
Trainings are held in the Ernő Rubik sr. training room(ground floor, room no. 24) at the Airport Training Center (ROK) building.The ROK building is located at gate A near Terminal 1. The duration of the training is 4 hours for level 2 and 8 hours for level 3.
The fee for the service per person and per occasion is 7500 HUF + VAT for level 2 and 15 000 HUF + VATfor level 3, which includes the full training course and the subsequent examination.CONTACT DETAILS, MORE INFORMATION
More, detailed information and the relevant forms are available on Budapest Airport’s website at www.bud.hu
If you have any additional questions, please contact us by telephone on 296-6110 or 296-5110, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org