About the assistance service
AMS Assistance Kft. provides assistance to persons with reduced mobility (PRMs) at Budapest Airport.
The assistance process is the following:
For departing passengers:
• PRMs announce their arrival at the airport at designated points, and request assistance.
• The assistance service transports passengers and their baggage to the check-in counter in order to check in for the flight.
•The assistance service transports passengers from the check-in counter, through the authority checkpoints (passport control if applicable, passenger security screening, customs) to the aircraft.
• If necessary, the assistance service provides assistance during boarding using equipment (elevators, wheelchairs), and assists PRMs in reaching their seats.
For arriving passengers:
• The assistance service provides assistance for PRMs in reaching the door of the aircraft from their seats.
• If necessary, the assistance service provides assistance during disembarkation using equipment (elevators, wheelchairs).
• The assistance service transports passengers through the authority checkpoints, if applicable, to baggage reclaim, so that passengers may retrieve their baggage.
• The assistance service transports passengers to the infomation desk in the arrivals hall.
For transfer passengers:
• The assistance service assists PRMs in getting from the arriving flight to their connections.
• If necessary, the assistance service assist passengers in accessing the restrooms.